How to wear the culotte trend 2014?
I choose to wear the culottes the classic way today; black culottes, a sheer white shirt and nude high heels. Neutral ensembles are an easy way to wear culottes.
Culottes – H&M Trend
White Shirt – here
Nudes Heels - Zara
Clutch – Shadé Paris
Choose your culottes
Leather culottes, denim culottes, silk culottes, structured culottes or even printed culottes. It is all up to you. When it comes to color, I suggest starting with neutral colors, beige, white, dark blue or black are always a good choice.
For spring/summer 2014 we will focus on the mid-calf aka cropped culottes. They shouldn’t be too short! Light fabrics will be perfect this season. Silk, satin or lyocell is a great choice.
How to wear culottes?
Culottes look always great while wearing heels, but if you are tall enough you can pull them off with a pair of slip-ons. A perfect example is Mija. Her white silky culottes and slip-on’s are the perfect match.
Tall girls can even choose the urban style to wear culottes, just like Camille , wearing sneakers and leather culottes. A great combo!
I suggest the following combo’s:
- A white shirt and black culottes worn with (black) heels
- Silk culottes with a chunky knit and leather slip-on’s
- Leather culottes with bralette and a light fabric flowing coat
- Wear culottes with sneakers and an oversized coat (tall girls only)
- Mid-calf culottes with strappy heels and an oversized sweatshirt
- If necessary, add a nice oversized (silk) scarf
- Avoid wearing culottes with boots